Thursday, July 9, 2009

If the children don't grow up

our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up
We're just a million little gods causin' rain storms turnin' every good thing to rust....

Things that have been making me happy recently....
1:
Awesome book. It's so cool to hear him speak (in the book...you know what I mean...) after just seeing his work for so long.
2:

ahhhh thank u borderz mah bff

speaking of which
All by Tiffany Bowzick
In an interview with Juxtapoz: "I paint because I love the process and I believe in the purpose of creating. "“You must be the change you want to see in the world.” —Mahatma Gandhi

3:

Just read this at the beach, fittingly. Loved it- I've only read one other Hemingway book and was uncertain as to whether I liked his style or not, but I loved it in this one.
4:
CANNOT WAIT.
(I know, I'm the last person to have heard about this movie....what can I say...)
Oh man...one of my fav childhood books being brought to life and from the looks of the previews it looks like it might actually be done justice. The kid who plays Max looks great and Arcade Fire is always a THUMBZ UP. Not to mention the seemingly awesome animation of the wild things in question. I'm only judging this from the previews, but so far...

Right after posting that I realized the irony- the cat is optimistic about murdering the balloon, but he'll probably fail, just like I am optimistic about the movie, but- NO. NONONO IT LOOKS GOOD AND I HOPE IT IS DON'T JINX IT PLZ KNOCK ON WOOD. Ha I'm so supersticious- I think every wooden object in my house has been beaten by my fists to ward off jinxes.

Technically it's only supposed to work with witch hazel (according to my 'Adventure Camp' counselor in 7th grade) but whatevs. Ikea plywood should do the job just as well. Speaking of jinxes- I was just wandering around some shops whilst at the beach and found the awesome hippy store where I previously had my tarot cards read. Amidst the plentiful Buddhas, yingyangs, Amy Brown illustrations, and inscence sticks, I found a shelf full of spells.
Yes, spells.
So of couse I bought one! It might have helped that I had just reread the Harry Potter books and seen the new movie (...which is a whole 'nuther post entirely...) So some spell casting will be in order. I bought a friendship spell, so I will wait till we are all together from our various parts of the continent to do some magic =)

Speaking of Amy Brown:
My friend has this book- we used to flip through the illustrations and pick out which fairy we would be if we could. You know. Turn into a fairy.

List-wise, numbah 5:


recent purchases from Urban Outfitters= VERY HAPPY! The jumpsuit is made of awesome and these may be the most kickass shoes I have ever owned. Just maybe.

Anywho, this turned into more of a rant than a list...I'm going to attempt a better list in my next post, which will be more pictures and less words.

But BEFORE YOU GO WATCH THIS PLZ I seriously nearly died of laughter.
A Very Potter Musical

Sheer and utter and incandescent BRILLIANCE.
Do youuuuu have a rocketship, Potter?

2 comments:

  1. I love Banksy! That book is really good. And yes, those shoes are very very badass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, i am indescribably excited for Wild Things.
    and that blazer is very very very nice.

    ReplyDelete