Tuesday, March 16, 2010

She was out of hell on a cold morning


-pg. 90, Lady Chatterly's Lover

Just finished this book. It was the first D.H. Lawrence work I have read, and I think I liked it. It was not what I expected (NOT talking about the sex-I was prepared for that- the ending wasn't the way I imagined it would wrap up) If anyone is on Goodreads, I just joined! Let me know if you are. It's such a cool idea- an online bookshelf for you and your friends to share. Like a virtual library. But you can only look at it, you know. And write scathing reviews if you wish.




I splatter bleached these jeans myself. I was planning on taking them in to be skinny jeans, but I kind of like them as flares now (noooo this is not an excuse for lazy assery...)


the amazing Kristen had a photography assignment, and some friends and I took over a stairwell and several pairs of blue jeans to assist her. I will post some pictures of me and the other models as soon as I get their permission!

the wall in my dorm looks like a street alley



wheee!


I just got a sewing machine, and I am working on a very exciting project! I'll share soon. For now, here are some pics of things I'm planning on making in the future, when my life isn't ruled by exacto knives and stencils and paper deadlines.


I love quite a bit of Free People's online store, but oy vey....caro caro CARO. My frustration has led to this combination of Yiddish and Spanish. That is what it has come to.
Thankfully, soon I'll be making my own flowy, gorgeous grecian pastel dresses, which hopefully will cost a lot less.


Oscars anyone???
I was rooting for this short myself.... loved the movements and style, and the plot seemed predictable at first, but the ending was a bit of a surprise. I love me a good plot twist, yessir.


I really wanted to see Logorama too, but that was the only short I wasn't able to find online....if anyone knows where I can watch it, help plz!

A project on Spanish cinema has led to incredible inspiration


El Hotel Electrico


Maria Felix


A pic from the upcoming Disney movie....I don't know whether to be excited or not yet, since all I was able to find were a few stills. Anyway, I have sympathy for any girl with abnormal hair. Don't worry, Rapunzel. Can I call you Zel? Rap doesn't sound right.


Ending, as usual, with things I want but cannot has. All Topshop!


my love of stripes prevails
I really want to try a maxi dress. I have shied away from anything with a skirt this long before, but I think I can make an attempt to pull it off now. OR DIE TRYING. Or just....put it back on the shelf.....sigh. I need more moxy. Or chutzpah, to continue with the Yiddish thing....

I've been wanting some good ol' Granny Sophie lace up boots for AGES, but whenever I find a pair I like (usually at UO or Topshop), I find myself thinking it ridiculous that such beat up looking boots cost so damn much. Resigning myself to sifting through piles at Goodwill.


Goodbye, Sir John Thomas and Lady Jane!

5 comments:

  1. Great photographs as always darl !

    I love your bleached jeans, so pretty!

    Hope your weeks fabulous ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You probably get this a lot: but I love your hair. It's gorgeous.
    DH Lawrence always shocks me a bit as well. They actually almost never end how I "want" them to...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave you a blog award check it out at http://make-tea-not-warr.blogspot.com/2010/03/oh-so-marvellous.html


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVING the jeans
    thanks for sharing
    and thanks for the sweet comments, so sweet of you!

    -cma
    COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have so many amazing things in this post! love it all!

    xo tiffany

    ReplyDelete